Can you be breastfeeding and pregnant?

I haven't had a period since I conceived my son over a year ago. I have been breastfeeding, so I haven't had a period? Could I be pregnant?

2chillins4me

Asked by 2chillins4me at 6:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They say it takes longer to get your period when you're breastfeeding. It came back within 3 months for me. For some I've heard of it taking as long as 8 months. I don't know about for a year though.

You can still get pregnant while nursing. I've known women who have. They continue nursing while pregnant and then nurse both children after the baby is born. It's call Tandem Nursing or something like that.

The only way to know for sure if you're pregnant is to take a pregnancy test or get a blood test done at the doctor's. It is possible though.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You could be pregnant. you should take a at home test, just to feel better, but it is normal not to get your period back while nursing. I think most women get it back when they start their baby on solids because that decreases milk production.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes..i was still breast feeding and got knocked up.
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2008