If your husband says he will kill you if you cheat..does he really mean it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Probably not...but that's verbal abuse and SHOULD NOT be taken lightly.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Who knows in today's society?
    Anonymous

• I think my husband means it. If he didn't kill me, he'd make me wish I was dead.
    Anonymous

• It's not worth cheating anyway; but is it worth staying ? if he talks to you that way?
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would assume so and get the heck out of the marriage.
    Anonymous

• My husband has told me that several times. He even told me how. I know he didnt mean it but it is his way of manipulating and controlling me through fear.
    Anonymous

• honey if he is saying things like this to you then you do not need him..... I went through 7 years of being afraid of my husband and it is not worth all the hurt and pain they put you through... get out now if he is saying stuff like this to you....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would wonder if this may be an abusive relationship your in. I mean, we can't really say it is and advise you to leave him at once, we'd need more info for that. But I would tell you to step out of your relationship and see what you'd say to your best friend or sister in your situation. As for your direct question, he probaly wouldn't actually kill you...but you never know. So don't ever cheat on him! LOL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree.... if he threatens that kind of stuff..... he may have anger issues. I tell my husband if he ever cheated on me I'd take a baseball to his truck...... but not that I'd kill him
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If I were you, I would go and ask a policeman. Ask if a restraint order is needed and they can direct you to some womens' shelters for assistance. I wouldn't stay in a relationship where my husband told me he would kill me ..for whatever reason. It's one thing to think something like that, but it's a totally different thing when he speaks it out loud AND even describes to you how he'll do it!!!
    I know it probably seems like a scary thing to leave him and the securities you two have built together (home, kids, jobs, etc.), but all that is NOT worth you losing your life over. Things can be replaced...lives cannot. As one wife to another, get out while you still can. Nobody needs to be in a relationship where manipulation and fear are a factor.
    PM me if you need someone to talk to...please! christinne 972-271-9648
    cuby

Answer by cuby at 9:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2008