my 3 year old daughter drinks alot

my daughter drinks alot shes always wanting something to drink and i have told her doctor about it and he says shes fine and she always has to go to the bathroom now when shes in preschool she dont want alot to drink but as soon as we get home she wants a drink and then like 5 mins later if that another and ext is there anything i can do ? i have to put her in diapers at night to cause she will pee in bed but alot of times diapers dont help she pees right through them no matter what brand i buy she has been that way since birth

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter was like that. She was always drinking and did since she was born. Therefore she peed a lot and the in laws thought she had diabetes since she peed so much, but had her tested and she didn't. She also peed a lot at night and I thought she'd pee the bed forever but we finally had enough of the pull ups at night she would pee so much, she's 41/2 by the way, so we just took them away. She peed the bed for like two weeks straight and then all of the sudden she stopped. It's been about two months and she's had 1 accident at night. We also tried the no drinking anything for three hours before bed, that was hell because she always drank milk or water, but that didn't help. I'd have her tested for diabetes and if it comes back fine then I wouldn't worry too much. Just watch her and her habits and if anything is out of the ordinary then go to the doctor.
    MyLoves041419

Answer by MyLoves041419 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My nephew did that. Not sure why? It could be a sign of dibates.Get a 2nd opinion just to be safe. It also could be nothing, or that shes not getting enough water
    Anonymous

• well she wants to drink alot of kool aid but i stopped that i make er drink more water but it dont help im going to be finding a diff doctor for her anyways cause i think her doctor is a quack but thanks
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• what is she drinking? should be water - if it is mostly juice, the sugar is making her more thirsty - give her water, cut back on the juices, etc - within a week her body should balance out. and if she is growing, her body will crave water... water is a great remedy for growing pains, if consumed enough..
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• she drinks alot of water now cause i make her and nothing has changed
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ok thanks
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008