What to do?

I have a 9 and 5yr old that go to the same school. My 9 yr old informed me that the past few days they have went to breakfast that as soon as they sat down they made them put their tray up and leave. Im paying for their meals I want them to be able to eat at least half the meal. But regardless If i pay or not everyone should be able to eat. I dont get them to school late. I am dropping them off right after the begining bell rings. I called the school board and they said they agree with me that the kids arent getting enough time to eat. They informed me that I have to talk to the Principal instead. In August at the Parent Teacher Meeting she spoke up and said she was trying to work with getting the kids in and out quicker due to a change in the lunch room. But it's October now. should i go and tell her how i feel or wait and give it more time. It just makes me angry that i pay for a Breakfast that is just thrown away!!

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Kids can't concentrate without eating breakfast. That's the whole point of them having breakfast at school if they can't have it at home! I would be calling the Principal immediately and I personally would be at the school in the lunch room seeing what's going on.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• That happens at our school all the time. The kids are never given enough time to eat. I always feel so bad for them! You should call and voice your concern now! Don't wait!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would defin. go & talk to someone. If you are paying for something you should get what you paid for or get your money back. That is so rude to even do that to a child.
    nettyg

Answer by nettyg at 10:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010