Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

My husband has filed for divorce and moved out and will have no contact with me, how Do I get him to stop the divorce and move back home?

Answer Question

Asked by COMEHOME at 10:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (16)
  • Give him time to miss you. In the meantime, live well and show him you are strong and don't need his sorry a**. He will come back to see what's up with you!

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Really?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • This is always tough to hear but maybe you are better off without him if he left you like that. But time away does put a new perspective on strong and remember that everything happens for a reason. Best wishes!

    Answer by brogelle at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • If he's made up his mind, then he's not coming back and your best bet is to let him go.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • i dont know if u can make him come home but prove to him your a strong independent woman and you can be happy with or without him

    Answer by aggheff08 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I am terribly sorry you are going through this. Honestly though this just has to play out. Let him have his time. If he decides he wants to work on things insist on counseling,but you can't make him come back. Hugs Hun hope it all gets better.

    Answer by treynlisa at 10:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • You can't. He will only come back if he wants to come back. You may just have to let him go. I think he made it pretty clear what he wants. I am not being mean, just honest.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Honestly, it sounds like he has made up his mind. So, there maybe nothing you CAN do to make him come back home. Even if you try and he does come back, he may end up being very depressed and angry because he feels like he is "stuck." So, I would suggest just focusing on you and your child/children. Have you ever heard the phrase "If you love something, sometimes you have to let it go?"

    Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Yes, we don't know much about your situation. We don't know why he left. So, it is hard to give advice or any opinions.
    But I think if he filed for divorce and won't talk to you, it looks like you will have to move on and start a new life.Good luck.

    Answer by gertie41 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Use this time to find yourself again. Do the things you like to do that being with him kept your from doing. Give yourself a make-over ~ the better you feel about yourself, the better you are for your kids. Good luck

    Answer by tortkey at 11:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.