What are YOUR thoughts on femininity?

Regardless or religion, race, background, nationality, etc.... I would like to know YOUR thoughts! I'm involved in a Bible study. Last weeks topic was FEMINITITY. All fo us found it hard to describe. It's seems to be one of those things you know when you see it. The dictionary's definition: the quality of being feminine; womanliness. Feel free to visit my journal for my personal thoughts on the topic.

ThatTXMom

Asked by ThatTXMom at 11:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know.. It seems that some women have it more than others. I think that you have to have a great sense of self... be self confident in being a woman... love being a woman....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Femininity to me means that a woman respects herself, and conducts herself in a ladylike manner. In my personal opinion that means dressing modestly, and acting according to a moral code of conduct. I don't necessarily believe that women should only wear dresses, or be covered head to toe, but there is a huge difference between tasteful and trashy. Each gender has a role in society, and by fulfilling the role assigned to our gender, we are in essence living a feminine lifestyle.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 11:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think the definition of femininity has probably changed over time. Nowadays I think femininity is being a well rounded woman. A woman that can show power with grace, or strength with compassion. Femininity is being able to get things done while making it look easy or effortless. I was raised in the city with each grandparent living on a farm, and I feel I got the best of both worlds. I can take care of animals, change a tire, use power tools; yet I can also dance ballet, use new technology, make crafts, and cook/bake. I have done all of this to try to be a self-sufficient woman.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It's having the biggest booty in da club. Fo shiz.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Femininity = being female.

End of definition. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think femininity is that soft and gentle side of a women that only a woman can have. I don't think it has so much to do with appearance as it does a feeling. It's that tenderness that women have inside of them that they use with their children, husbands, friends, and family. It's cozy and nurturing and It's something that was given to us that men don't have. No offense towards men. They have other qualities that balance things out. But I think a womans' femininity is her gift.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 9:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008