My son Levi's 1st birthday is coming up in January...its october and Im starting to plan everything...im just not sure what themes to do. My fiance doesnt want a whole lot of blue because everything is blue for boys and i can understand that and I dont want to do any kind of disney character theme any ideas???

twilight88

Asked by twilight88 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what about farm or jungle animals. or trucks/cars. or football/ anysport.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• we a cowboy theme with our little guys first birthday it was super cute. i found the plates and stuff on a website its called my first wishes.com they have a ton of cute theme ideas for boys and girls and there prices arnt to bad.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• well first off what is your son in to.... and you should go from there...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• What is he into? Cars? Animals? Space? Or you can just do 1st birthday theme. They have 1st birthday stuff everywhere. Maybe take you son to the party place and see what he likes :-)
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Why not do a winter theme. Snowflakes and snowmen and penguin cutouts. Like a winter wonderland, inside. The cake could be a bear, but with white fur so it's a polar bear. You could put up white Christmas lights underneath tulle to give a snowy effect also. As an added bonus, you may be able to get snowflake plates and cups at an after Christmas sale.
    Marianne T.

Answer by Marianne T. at 11:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He's one. He wont care if you had a Barbie party. Just do what you like, what he likes. What does your fiance like?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Is he into Sesame Street, Spongebob, cars and trucks are usually a big hit with boys. Fire engines are red, I don't know if he is afraid of loud noises though. Think about what he likes. Does he like Dr. Seuss books, or what kind of toys does he like?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son loved animals, especially monkeys. He really likes the color green, also. We did a jungle themed party with plenty of green.. We ordered plates, napkins, cup, goodie bags, party hats, and invitaions from birthdaydirect.com. My MIL used to collect beanie babies( she has hundreds) and we went through and found some jungle animals and tied balloons to them and placed them on the tables. He is three and I have used that website again for an elmo party and it take 3 days to a week to get here. We were pleased both times.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Go on "oriental trading.com" they have so many different things and the prices aren't bad at all. For all my partys i go there.
    I like Monsters theme, Rockstar, Dinosaurs, & my favorite Carnival!! ( but i wont recommend a clown, my mom did when i was young & i've hated clowns ever since)
    Chelsdavis

Answer by Chelsdavis at 1:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• What about a Mickey Mouse theme??
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2010