anyone use care.com? good experience or bad?

i really need a sitter but am scared to let a stranger watch my kids and into my home, however, I recently moved and don't know anyone and family is at least 8 hrs away...so was just wondering if anyone has used this site?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have the EXACT same problem I was out at a restaurant the other day and my friend wanted me to ask our waitress if she would sit my kids. I totally freaked out refused to entertain the idea. I think i am going to find a service. Teen's these days are distracted more than ever with cell phones etc... One second eyes are off my kids and they are up to something. If I use a service they I would have some one to sue or yell at till I felt better. That's the best answer I can give.
    J
    orion52

Answer by orion52 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I haven't used care.com to find a sitter, but I have put my profile online to be a sitter/nanny. That's how I found my present employer, and I adore her and her family. My friends used the site to find a pet sitter for their pets while they were away. They have also used her a few times to babysit their kids. They love her, and recommended her to us. We know they're pretty picky about their care givers, since they've mostly had family watch their children and pets, so we trusted their opinion and used her to watch our dogs while we were on vacation. We were really happy with her. She's sweet, responsible, and the dogs love her. We're thinking about getting her to watch our girl for an evening soon so that we can get out for dinner and a movie.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I also wanted to let you know that there is an option on the site to run a background check on the caregivers. I don't know if you, as the person who is looking for care, would have to pay for it or not. I just know that when I had my profile up, there were quite a few moms who contacted me, and then asked for permission, through the site, to access my criminal background records.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010