How do I make sure our internet is secure?

I have had comcast internet for a long time but I just now finally bought a router so I don't have to be connected to the cord to be online. I was wondering though, how do I make sure it is secure? I don't want the neighbors stealing our signal an I have heard they can get our passwords and stuff from using our wi-fi.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 11:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When you set up your wireless router on your computer it should give you an option to secure it through a WEP key. Now I'm not really sure how your brand does it, and its been forever and a day since I set mine up. It should have a step by step setup that should be pretty easy. If you cant figure it out, comcast may send someone out to help you, but they will charge. You may even be able to get IT support from the company that made your wireless router. I hope that helped!
    married2thenavy

Answer by married2thenavy at 2:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have been wondering the same thing. When we go our router we lived in an "oldies" neighborhood, pretty safe and secure. I didn't feel like I had to worry. Now, we have moved and I don't know how to make it secure either!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010