How do i train my 2 year old Toddler for the potty?

I tried to let him get comfi with the potty. And it worked he sits on it but he doesnt want to do anything on it. What else can i do. He uses already size 6 diapers and im worried that he is gonna grow out of them soon.

Cookiebear711

Asked by Cookiebear711 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son didnt potty train til he was 4 i introduced him to it but he wouldnt do anything once in awhile he would go pee in it but not often but he fully potty trained himself when he was 4 the only thing i can say is he will when he thinks hes ready good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I've potty trained alot of kids...lol...check my profile! Anyway, over the years the "rules" of potty training have change alot. When I first started potty training it was said you had to have the baby completely potty trained by age 2, and you should punish them for going in their pants. Even a spanking. This was the advice I got about potty training. I couldn't bring myself to spank my baby for that. I didn't spank her I just praised her when she did go in the potty. She was potty trained before 2. That IMO was a rarity....luck or something. After all these years of potty training, I think: 1) pull-ups are a waste of money and slow the whole process down. 2) Don't pressure the child, don't punish for accidents, praise for pottying, and most important of all, let the child lead the process, if you wait until they are ready they will train themselves.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My youngest son didnt potty train until age 4! We tried everything however he was not ready! One thing to do is to praise him when he does use the potty! Goodluck!
    wildiesmomma

Answer by wildiesmomma at 12:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2008