How do you get your LO to bed after a long day?

My DS was up for most of the day because of family visiting. Now he is over tired and fighting sleep. I have tried all of my little tricks to get him to sleep but nothing is working. He's not hungry and keeps spitting the binky out. Every time I lay him in his crib he starts to scream. I cannot stand to let him scream and cry. He is only 3.5 months old. Any tips or tricks from any moms out there?

LuvMyLilMonkey3

Asked by LuvMyLilMonkey3 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies that age do not have the intellect to manipulate others yet.. if your child is crying it's because he needs something. It's not his fault you can't easily figure out what that is.. but as his mom, it's your job! Do NOT let him just cry it out!!! How would you feel if you couldn't speak but you were hungry, ate too much, were in pain, or you were sick, or you had gas, or just had anxiety? How would you feel if the people who you most counted on in your life just blew you off and said.. don't pay attention to her.. you'll just spoil her!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• a nice warm bath before bed would always soothe my babies to sleep all night
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• dont worry, im not letting him cry. we walked around the house went and saw what the doggies were doing and then sang some songs. he is now peacefully sleeping. at 3.5 months old if hes crying its for a reason. thank you!!
    LuvMyLilMonkey3

Comment by LuvMyLilMonkey3 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• YOU HAVE TO JUST LET THEM CRY THEIR SELFS TO SLEEP SOMETIMES. OR WHAT I DID WAS HOLD MY SON AND WALK BACK AND FORTH AND SING TO HIM IN A CLAM VOICE AND HE WOULD FALL ASLEEP. BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT PUT HIM IN YOUR BED WITH YOU TO GET HIM TO SLEEP
    sadmom14

Answer by sadmom14 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sorry i know it sucks but sometimes u just have to let them cry their self to sleep
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010