Need ideas please! After almost 12 years I finally decided to get a sitter for my daughter so that my dh and I can have alone time and be able to go out. But now I'm finding myself with the question of what will we do?

I've thought we can go to the movies, theater, dinner, alone time at home, but what else can we do? Thanks!

momplus01

Asked by momplus01 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• This is what always happens to us. A night with no kids.....Now what?! LOL..I'm sure you will eventually find something to do. Have fun!!
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 12:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• A nice dinner. A movie. A walk in a park if it is nice weather. A visit to a museum or an art gallery. OR shopping for something for your home...something kids don't enjoy. There are tons of grown up things that you can do!Have fun!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• What did you do before you had children?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• my husband & I love music so check out some bands or even comedians.

Or somethng i love to do take a class together...
    idk if your husband would be ok with a dance class or bowling

sorry things are just popping in my head lol
    Chelsdavis

Answer by Chelsdavis at 12:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• first off, i cannot believe that you and your husband have not been out alone for 12 years - omg, no wonder you don't know what to do - you have become so used to doing nothing without your daughter that you hardly even know each other anymore - i would suggest maybe a nice overnight runaway vacation, including a romantic dinner, some dancing, then some serious "alone time" in your hotel room - come on, girlfriend, it's time to light that fire again!!!!! it's never too late!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• a sitter for a 12YO? I'm sure she's appreciating that. lol
    In most states a 12YO can stay home alone legally.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010