Has anyone ever gotten pregnant after having tubes tied AND an endometrial ablasion??

cfh72

Asked by cfh72 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i personaly havent but my husbands aunt did three different times so finaly the doc just gave her a hysterectomy cus she kept misscarring all three of them
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have seen alot of that online, but never known anyone personally
    Tiffany M.

Answer by Tiffany M. at 12:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm afraid to buy a pregnancy test, lol.......
    cfh72

Comment by cfh72 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I've heard of women getting pregnant after having tubes tied here is some info on the other..
    Future fertility
    Many women stop having periods after endometrial ablation, but pregnancy is still possible in some women. However, these pregnancies usually end in miscarriage because the lining of the uterus has been damaged. Women who want to become pregnant in the future should not undergo endometrial ablation. Some women choose to undergo a sterilization procedure at the time of endometrial ablation to prevent pregnancy.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have met two women in real life that have gotten pregnant after a tubal. I've only known one person who's had both done, and she hasn't been pregnant since.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Don't even say it! I've had both and don't want to be pregnant again. I guess it could happen, but it would be a pretty high risk pregnancy because of the fact that (depending on how well the ablation was done) there is very little endometrial lining left for a placenta to attach to.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• no
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010