Can you advertise legally on Facebook?

Ok so I've never really explored Facebook. I've always been concerned about privacy. But I would like to advertise on there if its allowed for a business I am starting up. Can I? And if so how do I go about doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can advertise in a couple of ways on Facebook. You can start a fan page for your business. That is the type of page where people can "LIKE" you and you can use the wall for updates, etc. You can also pay for the sidebar advertising on Facebook. They give you that option when you set up the fan page for your business and it is set up where you pay so much per click on your ad.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• So is it any of it free to advertise?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's free to start a page like shaunnamichelle suggested to you.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 1:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• you can also advertise on your wall for free anytime you wish. As far as I know, that is 100% free.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You really should use certain business etiquette though. Otherwise, people will start to unfriend you real quick...don't blast their pages constantly with advertisements and biz talk.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Facebook has rules and regulations just like any other site. You can pay to advertize on the side bars, but I am not sure if that is worth because business is all about networking and referrals (at first) then people will come to you. I have three fan pages and I keep them up to date on a regular basis. If you don't people will stop reading them because you don't have up-to-date information.

Good luck!!! message me if you want details.
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 7:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010