Who am I? Why am I here?

Mostly, I'm just curious to see people's answers. Whatever your belief system/religion, how do you view the "big picture"? Why do we exist? Why do you, personally, exist here on earth?

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think that we were always ment to love God and have fellowship with Him while taking care of all of His creation but due to sin we now also have to make a choice of whether we will do that or not. I believe that I am a child of God and that everyone has a purpose and God has a blessed plan for everyone but not everyone gets to fulfill their purpose or enjoy God's plan for their lives. I am here to learn and help others by teaching them what I've learned. I am here to dance for Him and to be His servant and messenger. I am here to fight for people and help them servive. I am here to be a wife and mother and take care of my family. And I know that there is more that God has planned for me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was created to bring glory and honor to God.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I really feel like everyone is here for a purpose. Everyone has a gift God gives them to share with the world. I have discovered that my gift, is a huge compassion for the elderly in specific. Although I am not clear yet as to what I am supposed to do with that love and compassion, I am sure that in some way, I have touched a life or 2. And if I have, that feels like a purpose to me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have absolutely no clue. However, I figure if I live a good life, treat people and the earth with kindness and respect; then regardless of what happens and what the answer is to those questions it really won't matter.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 1:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't have all the answers, but I feel that God put me here to do something. To teach someone, to learn something, to be someone until the time comes for Him to take me to Heaven. Do I know what all those "somethings" are? Not a clue. But I am searching for the answers, and that's all I need.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• truthteller, you dont know jack,,just like the rest of us. Stop being arrogant and let her have her post,,,,geez
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm here because my parents had sex and the condom broke resulting in biological reproduction. My purpose is whatever I make it My parents raised me to be a strong, successful, independent woman and that's what I am. I made it my purpose to raise my children in the same manner and raise them to be important contributors to society.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I cannot remember where or what I was before choosing to be born into the physical world. I am here to use my gifts to the best of my ability to learn the lessons I came to learn and to the benefit of the larger community-the web we are all a part of-and the Earth that provides life, and to enjoy the gift of life in the physical world - part of it is simply to enjoy this marvelous gift.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 10:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My creator created me to perform a task. To get best answer. lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010