Do you know the difference between pansexual and bisexual?

I am posting this to school some people because of some ignorant answers I received in response to an earlier question. In basic terms a bisexual is attracted to both males and females but usually swings more one way or the other. A pansexual is attracted to a person, regardless of their sex. I have been looking for this definition of my sexuality since I came out, and up until recently bi-sexual was the best description of it. I am so happy and proud!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• it is generally defined as someone who is attracted to other people regardless of their gender or sexual orientation. The word pansexual is used as an inclusive term as opposed to bisexual, as bisexuality only refers to people liking both men and women, and does not including a wider variety of gender neutral or gender fluid terminology.
    Pansexual can also refer to an organization, event or group. In this situation, the pansexual is defined as meaning open or welcome to all genders and not referencing one's sexual orientation or gender.
    Occasionally, pansexuality is defined as a person who displays their sexuality in many different ways, or as someone who is open to a variety of sexual activities, although both of these definitions have become rare.
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• still up as you can see mama but his on his way THANK GOD...anyways thanks for the explanation on that...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Can you clarify that somemore OP because I still don't see a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• well i had NOOOOOOOO idea wtf that was but i love to learn and am all for it...lets not talk about know it all i have a 9yr old going on 29yrs here my son that one is a TOTAL MR KNOW IT ALL...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• your welcome! I am sure that I come-off like a know-it all but believe me woman. I can readily admit that there is a whole mess of shit that I know nothing about.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thank you for that iNK-FrEak..........I explain my personal sexuality like this.......I find both men and women attractive but if I am looking for a partner to share my life with, their sex (male or female) does not matter to me. I fall in love with the person that someone (IOW their personality) is or at least claims to be (I have been fooled before), regardless of their sex.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This is awesome. I'm glad you're able to find the term you're looking for. I'd heard of pansexual before but wasn't sure what it was. =) I'm glad you've found yourself.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• So what you're saying is for a Bi-sexual, it's a man or woman and for a Pan-sexual, all love is good love person to person. Glad you get. I'm still confused. Google on.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 5:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010