Anxiety attack?

I'm not sure if I am about to have an anxiety attack or not. My heart is racing, I feel sick to my stomach, I feel like I can't breath and I feel like hitting something. I honestly feel like I am about to freak out. I just feel really anxious. I have had anxiety attacks before, but not like this. Yes, something triggered it. What are some ways to calm myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• The nurse I saw said the best thing to do is stop thinking, whatever you can do to stop your brain. Focus on your breaths, big slow breath in and let it out and relax the muscles in your body as you breath out. so 1 slow breaths and 2 focus on relating your muscles to stop the body from panicking. I hope ur doing better
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Stop and freeze..sit down where you are at and close your eyes. Start breathing in and out,,,,in through the nose and out throught the mouth. When you breathe out,,pierce your lips into blowing a birthday candle out,,and blow very softly...very slowly...until you can repeat this cycle over and over till the panic goes away...it might take some tries so keep working at it,,,,cleansing breath,,in and out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Wow, how are you on CafeMom and writing all this if you are having an anxiety attack. used to have them and i wasn't to do anything?
    I learned how to breath in and out and to talk myself to calm down. and sometimes I would go outside to take deep breathes and get some fresh air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I honestly do not know. I was on the phone talking to a family member while I was pushing my youngest baby out lol, I don't know how I do half the things I do.

It finally stopped. That was the 2nd one in 2 days. Thanks for the help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2010