Honestly, how much do you trust your child's teacher when not in his/her presence?

When you send your child off to school, do you ever wonder(or maybe you're certain) that the teacher is putting on some fake smile in front of you and when you turn your back they turn into a sarcastic, mean person? I have overheard my child's teacher when she thought no parents were around saying some not-so-nice things to kids and have eaten lunch with my child a few times at school(parents are allowed) and ds's teacher doesn't speak to me or even look my way. I have a good feeling it is because she thinks she is better than me and dh because we are young parents. She brags about being Christian but doesn't act like it to ds. I am Christian as well but am not a hypocrite. I don't put on an act for anyone and am nice to everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• For the most part, my boys had really great teachers that I trusted, and many that I think were angels, but there were a couple that made me feel that way. I have 3 boys ages all graduated from high school, so I guess having only a couple of teachers I wasn't happy with isn't too bad, however, while your child is in their class it's a constant concern.

Does your child like the teacher? If so, that should be some comfort. Good luck, and hope they get a better teacher next year!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• well i really don't care if my kids teacher likes me or hate me as long as she gives my children the education they are required by law to have and NOT brake any rules cuz the day they even think about it i will brake her face...plain and simple when it comes to MY kids this mama don't play and i let everyone know this from day 1...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I an tell when the heat is on too heavy, it shows in how much that teacher is doing 'certain things', I don't let that control my home life with my family or children. We are all human. We all have tendencies to become a hypocrite. One thing is certain, nobody and I mean NOBODY is perfect. Not in this world we live in together, so .....if she is just a hypocrite, I am certainly able to handle such a condition of human-- ness ..... all of us have been that, or will be. Can't run from it-- or punch a person or hurt too much inside- or get comparisons of life to stop. IT HAPPENS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• well my DSes would tell me if something bad was going on, so I trust em fine so far.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2010