What is your opinion about Mormons?

FYI - I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, commonly referred to as "Mormons". I'm curious to see what opinions there are between moms here and my religion. What do you really know about the LDS church? What have you heard/been taught? What is your opinion about the Church in general? About the members?

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 2:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• they come to my door all the time i am not rude but i do not entertain there believe i have mines and i do not shove them down nobody's through or up there back side all i ask is not to do it to me...plain and simple...but i just sat i am what i am and nothing anyone tells me will change me...bye bye have a nice day...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I will not provide an opinion on that which I know little of.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I personally do not want to stand at my door and explain that I am happy with my religion to the same people. I wish they would respect my wishes to no longer come to my door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• OP I imagine you already know the answer to your own question. ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have only ever met one LDS lady, our husbands were stationed at the same base, she was nice. I have read about the beliefs of the LDS church, and while I find it interesting, there are a few things I find a little odd, but overall I have no problem with Mormons or the LDS church.

Mamacsb

Answer by Mamacsb at 3:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My brother is a mormon and, though I don't agree with all their beliefs they seem very friendly and devout and they live what they preach which is an admirable trait in anyone.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 6:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• well intentioned people, usually very very sweet, but I have no love for their beliefs and I do find the missionaries a bit pushy and the do not agree with how the Church will not allow you to leave it or doesn't allow minors a choice at 18 to fully join or not).

I got baptized when I was 9, not knowing or being given any choice in what I was getting into. I never followed my parent's beliefs, but I am on the LDS lists as a member even though I have tried to leave and have never supported the church in any way. Its not right.

Again nothing against the individual members, just the heirarchy needs some changing in its rulebook imho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I will admit that while I've taken the time to study the various faiths of the world the different Christian strains - such as Mormons and JWs - are areas that I've kind of neglected. Not out of disinterest or dislike, though. So I don't know that much about them, but I do believe that they are Christians, following what they feel works best for them, and as long as no one is suffering ill due to the beliefs or actions of the faith I don't feel as though I have any reason to speak against them. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I respect them a lot and think they are (for the most part) great Christian people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Again, as long as they keep to themselves and don't knock on my @#$%ing door...I'm cool.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010