I need to know what 11 year olds like...

and the cool stuff to wear, the books they may like to read, games they may like to play, the toys they may like, and anything else I should know. I am adopting an 11 year old boy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• MANGA! They are Japanese comics, all boys LOVE them. My 11 year old also LOVES Legos and erector sets, really anything he can build. He also loves to draw.

Congratulations to you!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Well honestly get teh basics then get to know the child. Talk it over and head out for a bonding time and shop :) Best of luck
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• That is awesome that you are adopting!! I think you will have to sit down and talk to him to figure out what he likes, all kids have different interests. They tend to like Ipods, video games, DVD's etc. You will have to take him clothes shopping and figure out what he likes. Or go into the kids dept and find a kid about that age and they generally will tell you what the fashions are. I have done that when shopping for my nephew and niece. And both of you could spend a nice day at the library and book store to see what his interests are there. And he may like sports or doing activities like bike riding, skate boarding or maybe he likes things like science and astronomy. You will just have to figure it out as you go along and both of you will have so much fun doing that. Best of luck to you.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• First congrads. It depends on the kid. Why not wait till he gets there and he can help pick things out?
    DisabledVet

Answer by DisabledVet at 4:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I agree with DisabledVet....I think it would make a great first outing to take him out shopping....congrats by the way...that's wonderful !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yeah i only have an 11 year old girl. and the one thing 11 year old girls like are 11 year old boys.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Congratulations!! Talk to him and ask what his favorite things are. You could have a couple of things already for him but then you can shop together and have a wonderful bonding experience. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would get some general basics: A couple lego sets(harder ones) sometype of video gaming system(wii, xbox, or a ds) some type of music thing(stereo, or ipod, mp3) a couple cool guy movies. Do you know his sizes for clothes? what type of environment is he coming from? Does he have any of these type things? Will he be bringing anything with him? If you can find that out that may help. For the clothes I would definatly wait and go with him. COngrats !!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010