Have a cat or a dog?

Definitely cat for me. They don't shed as bad, they don't smell, you don' have to let them outside to poop or pee, they usually live longer, they have less health issues, they leave you alone as long as you leave them alone, they don't jump on you/lick you as bad, they don't "hump" you, their breath isn't bad, they are less expensive to care for, they don't bark. :-)

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in

• Dog for me, but I have both. My dog is very short-haired, he doesn't shed as much as our cats and he's very easy to bathe so he rarely smells. I really enjoy taking him on his potty walks, so that's a plus (and I don't have to change his litter!) I don't want an animal who ignores me, I like that my dog is happy to see us when we come home. My dog never jumps up on anyone, and he doesn't lick all over people's faces; we've even taught him not to sniff people's crotches or butts and as for humping, my dog has never humped anyone lol! I brush my dog's teeth and his breath isn't bad, and we've trained him not to bark unless someone is at the door.
    Dogs take more time and effort, but I'm an animal lover and I love spending time with my fur-babies!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Both for me we have a boxer a massif, a schnauzer and a cat.

moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Well I have both, and I have to dissagree with you on a few things. My cat sheds WAY WAY WAY worse than my dog, there is orange and yellow hair on EVERYTHING! Sure I dont have to let the cat outsid, but I have to deal with the nasty litter box, which in my opinion is Extremely worse than just opening the back door. My cat harrases me just as much as the dog does, they are both pretty much leave us alone til bed time, then they both crowd the bed, except the sweet cat follows my soon to be 4yr old from bed to bed. He sleep with my son, but if my son crawls in bed with me, here comes the cat too. My dog doesnt really bark, but the cat meows alot. Wow... My cat is a pain in the butt! I wouldnt trade him though
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Cat. We have 2. I am just a cat person.
    My hubby chooses cats because they're a lot less work.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i like both for different reasons, but cats are more mellow and low key which is what I prefer most of the time, but a dog you can actually go outside with and play or walk with. My cats don't leave me be, always wanting attn, thats the only trait I don't like.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Love a purring cat
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We have both, but I have to say I love my cat more than the dog. The cat does his thing - if he wants something he lets you know then he finds a place to go to sleep. The dog, however, has to be walked, has to have special food, he sheds, barks constantly, nips, doesn't like company, goes nuts when you leave, goes nuts when you come home - okay, we have a neurotic dog and I am sure all dogs aren't like this, but good grief - this one...ugh. Give me a cat any day!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We have both ... three kitties and dog. All four shed A LOT but that is mostly because the air stays so dry in the house. Let me tell, my cats, especially Diva Luckie are VERY vocal. For such a small kitty, she has a very BIG voice! Then we have the scratching and clawing ... carpet, furniture, the walls. 

OMG! When my Bud or B-ball goes to the potty box ... THEY comes running out trying to hide from it!! Whew! FUNKY! 

Pepper, our dog, is every bit the diva as Luckie. She has to follow Daddy wherever he goes and that includes the bathroom. 

Both have good and bad points. I wouldn't trade any of ours. The are our kids in furry PJs (my sister's saying) and we treat them as such. We have very well behaved (totally spoiled) critter-kids. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Cat-easier to take care of,i work full time so i don't have to hurry home to walk it or take it outside
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have both. Two rottweilers, a sharpei, and a kitty
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

Next question in
Rain or Snow?

Next question overall (Health)
is anyone going through this too?