Did you know that in WI according to the law it is NOT against the law to HIT your kid as long as you don't leave a mark? adult content

CPS told me this first and I got a second opinion from social services. I believe in disciplining children - but never ever HITTING them! Who is disgusted with this besides me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• This doesn't make sense, can you really "hit" someone and not leave a mark? I don't think discipline requires hitting, that's fear not discipline. Like the answer before mine, if it is life threatening I would prefer to spank their rears then for them to be run over by a car. I don't consider spankings hitting.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I didnt know that but I live in CA. I have to say I have hit my child afew times and I have never left a mark. It might turn red for a MOMENT, but thats all. I dont hurt my children and have not even a handful of times between them both. I have when my children were maybe 2 or so and they have stepped down into the street or while in a parking lot or so. I rather see my child hurt a small friction then haveing them hit by a car. I have seen that before and need to enforce it for its nothing I wish to see again.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• oh that stinks! That is hitting and it is so unfair that she has to have photos of the injury to prove it. That is not right!! I'm sorry. I hope there is something you can do to help her. That must be beyond frustrating.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• wow, I am sorry. Try a cell phone cam if she can. That way pic right a way and then email it to some one. have her tell aperson at school or some where. Its against the law if she tells some one and they dont report it
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry. I had a good friend who went thru something very similar to this and this stinks. I agree, if you can have her report it a school and have to do something! I at least hope something would happen! It just isn't right!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 5:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I guess that would mean alot of people would hit their kids with some some of armor in between to avoid the bruising or hit them where it can't be seen. Wrong in any case.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was told the same thing out here in Indiana. I was like spanking i see but hitting them NO
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes I did. I talked to a family court judge. It isn't hitting, it's spanking. That is a type of discipline, you may not agree with the method but there are many parents that do. I am not disgusted by it either. And yes, I live in Wisconsin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• OP: your daughter is 14 and someone is hitting her? That is embarassing and unnecessary. She is also old enough to tell a judge where she wants to live. Next time she is hit, tell her to CALL THE POLICE. Or if close enough walk to the police station or hospital and report the parents. NO 14 should be spanked or hit (whatever you call it). That teacher should also be reported. You must live in a small Wisconsin town, because where I live that teacher would have done her job and called CPS and the police.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well I honestly never thought of it being different but if what your saying about a spanking not hitting then I have never hit my children.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010