assisted suicide, yay or nay?

just curious

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Yes, as long as the person has the mental capacity (as in, is lucid and doesn't have dementia) to make the decision. I have trouble with the idea of helping someone whose mind is diminished, but if their body is giving up and they would rather let go, more power to them.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yay... after what my father went through with his late wife.. there is no way I wouldn't be now.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Absolutely yay! I have seen two members of my husbands family suffer with cancer. I have seen the looks in their eyes. You can tell they are in pain and just wish it would end. That is something I wish I would never have to see again.
    I just find it interesting that some people feel it is "playing" God. So, we can play God when it comes to animals, but not when it comes to other humans? That just doesn't make sense to me.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yay...This is my belief because if this is what the person is asking for then I feel it should not be allowed. It is their life and who are we to choose for them.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the person signs something that says its ok, then I feel that's the person's business. Its their life. Why force someone to live in misery and force them to get help if they really don't want it. If they want to end it bad enough they'll just find a way to do it themselves so why not just let them do it in a humane way?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yay.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• YAY....all the way. i would never want to see someone i love suffer through a terminal illness or suffer myself
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yay
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I completely support it. Everyone should have the right to die with dignity rather than suffer needlessly. We do that much for our animals, even.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yay
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2010