After a miscarriage, is it wrong to feel like not trying anymore?

I have 2 boys ages 4 & 2. I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks(baby was 6 wks w/o heartbeat) on June 17th. Now, I am scared to try again.

tabbykat6802

Asked by tabbykat6802 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Honey.. having a miscarriage is a horrible ordeal to go through! I told my husband that if I ever lost a baby, I don't think I COULD try again... I'd be too scared that it was just going to happen again. I'm no doctor, but I'd say that you are perfectly fine in feeling this way!

I'm so sorry to hear about this.... *hugs*
    KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 6:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• No, it's not wrong...you just lost a baby...it's normal to have grief and not want to try right now...give yourself time. I'm sorry for your lost.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• no it's not wrong, you're exactly that scared. it might take some counseling, or time before you want to try again.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It is very normal to be scared to try again after losing a baby. Some women even have trouble being initmate with their SO period. Give yourself some time. If you need to talk find someone counselor, Mom, sister, strangers ina chat room..just talk it out when you're ready. Best of luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• That is not a long time to grieve your loss. I was not even ready to look at a baby for like 3 months after I had a miscarraige. In time, it does get better. Don't pressure yourself to start trying or anything. Replacing the baby you lost would be more unhealthy than not wanting to have another. Most doctors will tell you not to try for at least 3-6 months after having a miscarraige, so just put that idea out of your mind for now. You can revisit it when you have had time to heal.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• no. plus it is so soon...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Absolutely not, a miscarriage is very emotional and after time you might change your mind, and if you don't thats fine too.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 9:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2008