If Creationists (Big Bang) are wrong because something can't be made from nothing then how did God do the same thing?

How did God (or the Gods) create something from nothing, if that's impossible to do?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have no idea, I'm no where near being able to think like God. To me it's more then just the something from nothing, its how orderly and mathematically designed the world is. A Big Bang should be chaotic and disorganized. The world follows the laws of physics, why?

I can't prove God exists but it is an interesting concept to think about whatever your beliefs are.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I personally believe God created through science. So what's to say that God couldn't have caused creation through the Big Bang, or whatever other scientific explanation we may come up with?

IMO faith and science don't have to be mutually exclusive. They're quite compatible, I believe.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• IDK I often think about that and I figure there is no God really, that is a name we made for something we don't understand but need to believe in order to live our life with purpose (which by the way you need purpose to live). You can look at Egyptian mythology and match up some biblical stories with it and that mythology was written hundreds of years before. I am not knocking anyone belief I am just saying how I think. Perhaps we did start as one, all of us, our "souls" started as one and was created each time the world gets created and as we go along, reliving, we forget each time another is born....pretty weird i know, so stories are made. Stories, they are all stories for everyone one, but maybe there is one single truth in all these religions. As humans we need one another and so we should take care of each other. But that may be just another story.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 3:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• because He is God and He can - simple as that!!! btw, i'm a Christian and a believer, in case you haven't figured that one out yet - smiles - now i know i'm gonna take a beating for this one - but, please don't be too hard on me - i respect your right to worship any way you choose to in these United States of America - that is one of our rights - and i stand fully behind that right -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Everthing is created from the 'void' i.e a baby!!!
    RebelJewel1

Answer by RebelJewel1 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think its something we are supposed to know for sure. It's one of those things we're all supposed to decide what we believe and use faith to believe it. There isn't any solid evidence of a big bang and there isn't solid evidence of a god or gods. You choose which theory sounds more believable to you.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I agree with Bandgeek. God created science & could have easily created the big bang. But, like someone else said...we're not meant to know these things yet. We can ponder them all day long. but we'll never really know. We'll just confuse ourselves. Questions about this stuff always lead to more questions that cannot be answered. Maybe when we die, it will all make more sense.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm confused by your question. I thought the Big Bang Theory was an explanation of how the earth came to be based on scientific theory, and Creationism is the Christian way of trying to reconcile their beliefs with scientific theory--trying to mesh the two together so that they don't have to abandon their beliefs for the lack of scientific evidence.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think the BIG BANG was the start of creation. Nobody knows God's timetable. To us 1,000 years could be blink on eye to God. It is a question that really can only be answered after we die.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 11:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• The same has been asked of evolution. All had to have some beginning somewhere.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010