Need some help :)

Is it possible to look up members on CM by email address? I can't seem to find my friends whom I know have an account here but don't know their screen names and when I do a "name search", I get nothing..

Any ideas?

EmmysMom05

Asked by EmmysMom05 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Are you sure they are on here??
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 7:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• have you tried typing it in here all different ways... capital the first letter, or small letter?
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 7:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think you can cuz that can be set on private to avoid unwanted emails.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Look on your friends list on your home page. That will give you all of their names.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No it is not possible to search for someone by email on CM. Why not ask them there SN next time you talk to them?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• ^^^ Unlike facebook you can't search by email. I think it's a good thing myself. That should be private.

You could try clicking invite friends at the top of the page and sending out invites by email address then in the message let them know you are here and would like to friend up.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes, Airforce3mom, I'm sure they are on here... the way I found out is I sent an "invite" to join CM to the moms I am friends with by the email address invitations and a few of them got kicked back because they "Already have an account on CM"....

And thanks plclemo... totally not what I was asking, but thanks for contributing.

So, thanks ladies :) I just guess CM doesn't make it easy to find pre-existing friends... have to go with itsallaboutthem84's answer and just ask them.
    EmmysMom05

Comment by EmmysMom05 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Try looking by where she lives.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's probably just easier to ask your friends their screen name and send them a invite on here.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010