peanut butter

at what age is it ok to give peanut butter. my daughter is 18months. i have heard many say 2 and then i have heard just as many they have given it to them before 2.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 7:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've always heard 2.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• whenever they can get it down without choking on it!!! it was the staple diet of my sons for years - one like crunchy and one liked creamy - so we always had two jars of p.b. sitting on our breakfast, lunch, and, yes, sometimes dinner table - lol
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I gave her pb when she was 17 months. I asked her dr before I did it and he said it was ok to give her just 1/3 tablespoon to make sure she's not allergic and then a week later I started giving her peanut butter sandwiches.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I always hear 1 unless you have family allergies. My DS tried it @ 13 month and hated it at first bot now LOVES it
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You could try a very small amount. I gave it to my son when he turned 1 and he had a horrible reaction. But benadryl helped! Someone gave it to him about 2 months later not knowing and we had to take him up to the doctor. We haven't let him anywhere near the stuff since and he is turning 2 in 2 weeks. good luck
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 8:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i gave her a taste awhile ago but haven't since and nothing happened but she is going to dr on my monday i will ask then.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If you already gave her a taste and there was no allergic reaction. Then she is not allergic to it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My girls both had PB before they were 2...They love pb abd jelly for lunch...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• we give it by 16 mts! Just give a small amount to mak sure they are not allergic, then t is up to you
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010