planning birthday party for hubby

My husband and I both have January birthdays, and this January he will turn 30. So I am trying to plan a surprise party for him. So far his friend and I have decided to do a bonfire the weekend before or after his actual birthday. We are going to smoke food, and invite family and friends. We are pretty low key people, my husband is pretty much a homebody. I just don't know what to call it? Like a theme, please help with some suggestions!
I want to call it a Winter Luau but not sure...

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 7:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• Bonfire Party
    Beach Party (if at the beach)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i think allot depends on where the bonfire will be held - could you write another question pertaining to this and say where the bonfire will be held please...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• the bonfire will be @ our house. We live on a few acres in NH, in the woods.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I like simply calling it a bonfire party too. It would sound fun and different to me if I got such an invitation (unless you have several a year and call them the same thing). Have fun with your plans!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I like Winter Luau!! It think that's great! You can pass out leas and flowers and everyone can sit around the fire in their parkas with their flowers... I am picturing it right now, I love it! Have fun!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Winter Luau sounds really cute! Other ideas are Bonfire Bonanza & Birthday Bonfire.
    I'm in the same boat as you. My dh is turning 40 this year and I'm planning his party. I'm looking at doing a casino themed party. If your hubby is into poker or anything like that - you could incorporate that too.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 2:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• ARmom I like the casino theme too, that's way more his parents though they go to the casinos a lot so we were thinking that for an anniversary party in the future.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• thanks everyone for the feedback! i thought sitting around in january in nh with a couple feet of snow, a bonfire, and leis on everyone would be fun, but i didn't know if it was girly or one of those things that's just funny to me ;) thanks
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010