WHAT TO DO?

i know that relationships go through some of the toughest times...so and i have been together for four years now, the longest i have been with any man. i love him dearly but when we argue (not often) i wanna leave... i have a history of "running away" so i try harder not to revrt back to my old ways...i want to do something that will improve my health and peace of mind but he objects because HE doesn't see the point... i just wnna scream" I HATE YOU, YOU SELFISH BASTARD" but he probably won't hear me...i am beginning to feel trapped...it's my own fault for even being with him...when is enough ENOUGH...?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get counseling to root out why you tend to run, and maybe couples counseling also.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Only you know the answer to that. What are you able to work thru & what is the deal breaker? You say you have a history of giving up or running away- look into why you do that. Ask him why he wont support you/your decisions. He doesnt always have to agree or participate, but he should not deny your desire to do what you want. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If you know the relationship is not good. Stop trying to fix it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the major issue you two are having is just you want to change something and he is saying no, I would say stick it out, but don't lose your independence. You two are a couple, not one person.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Enough was enough for me. I've been w/ my son's dad for 4 years...my longest relationship as well. It was finally to the point where I was w/ him b/c we have a child together & not b/c I was still in love w/ him. So I left. He wanted so much more out of me than I was willing to give. He was making me miserable & we argued a lot. He has no ambition or drive. He sucks as a human being & I just couldn't stand being around him anymore. I got tired of supporting him when he didn't put forth enough effort to get a job. He's 28 and just now starting college...and not exactly excelling. He drags me down & it's depressing to be around him. He's literally crazy in love with me. He'll get in my car when I try to leave & refuse to get out. He'll mess w/ my wires so I can't go anywhere. He's verbally abusive and a bad drunk. He's stopped drinking, but it wasn't enough. We didn't see eye to eye as parents, either. I need so much more.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2010