Where do you go for your contacts? I go to LensCrafters, and they make you get an exam every year, which of course costs money. I tried 1-800 contacts, and never even went through w/ it, cuz it was more of a hassle then it was worth, and I wasn't even saving that much money!

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• I use walmart. You do have to have an exam every year but it's way cheaper than with other places and the prices for the contacts arent that bad. I think they work with 1800 contacts so you get the lower prices.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sorry, but EVERY REPUTABLE eye doc will REQUIRE a yearly exam for contacts. Too many things can happen to the eyes with contacts that can permanently blind you. Why take the chances with your eyes?!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• if your prescription is really high, I would stay with them, if not, you can try 1800 etc.
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I use Walmart, they are very reasonably priced for contacts and glasses. I've used them my whole "not being able to see" life...lol
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes you have to have a yearly exam. However, I have made 1 box of contacts last 2 years. I use SupraClens 1x per week to removed excess buildup on the lenses. I wear the same pair until they are damaged or no longer comfortable after enzyme cleaning.

I don't recommend walmart for an exam. I had a bad experience with an inexperienced worker. They do have the cheapest prices for contacts. You can get your exam any place you choose. You can take your script to any place that you choose. You don't have to buy from the place you get your exam.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010