Why does 9 year old suddenly have a attitude

My 9 year old suddenly has a i don't care attitude. and a attitude of i don't have to listen to anyone. I noticed that i am not the only one dealing with this situation. she was not raised like this nor was she raised to not care. I was told it could be hormonal or her trying her boundries to see how far she can get. She is not getting very far. but i just wonder how many others are dealing with it.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh, my son is the EXACT same way at age 9!! And same thing...he was not raised that way either...it's sooo annoying !
    Amiss67

Answer by Amiss67 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It s their age I don't know what to tell you as I am just getting into that but 1 know I won't be putting up with much
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• PUBERTY!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i have a 9yr old son and let me tell you it is dealing with an old man...they know it all, have seen it all, and think they can do it all...my son does NOT get far at all he knows me well and knows that i love him and his my world BUT he will never walk over me...when hegt into his pissy i am the king of the world mood i just give him a reality check...lol bring him down from the cloud 9 he thinks his in...kids go threw all different stages but they mainly do the things they do to test the parents...stand strong mama best of lick dealing with you little 9yr old perfection
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• She has just reached a new level of exerting her independence and of being in control of her own destiny. You will have to discipline for the behavior just like you did when she was 2 and got into all the things she wasn't supposed to bother. It's a new challenge to parental authority and you must stand firm and not allow disrespect and rebellion in your home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My 13 year old is the same way. He's trying exert his indepencdence. I hope it doesn't last too much longer.
    Karen2313

Answer by Karen2313 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010