This is a vent

why is it that people think because they see a cat out in the country that the people in the house is a good source to abandon cats at? my neighbor gave us their cat no biggie. one showed up and we fell in love with her( she is very old) and then a male cat got dumped we said ok it is ok to keep him yes. but then we get up this week and find anthor 2 cats. then yesterday i find where someone dumped a momma cat and a kitten. hoping there is not more kittens that i have not seen. so now we got to play catch the cat and take them to animal shelter we can't keep on and we can't afford any more cats. the cats we have are fixed except the male. and of course the neighbor has their cat. Take them to the shelter your self or advertise kittens free to good homes. if you don't want your cat to have kittens spay or neuter them. Don't dump them in the country or on a farm assuming that everyone can afford or want all your cats.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• So many people that live in the country say just what your saying. Personally I don't know how anyone can just drop off any living being and leave them hoping someone else will care for them, most not even caring as long as they don't have to. I just hope it will catch up with them and believe it will one way or the other,,,,,,,,,,,it's just wrong in all aspects. Your a good person to at least get them to a shelter and having the ones you keep spade ........good luck hon.........

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• thanks zbee. we just can't take in any more. we are at the limit our town allows along with my dog and my bil dog. i love animals and i can't imagine anyone doing this
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I hear ya! many years I go I started counting in my really back yard and found over 20 of them people had dumped, when people know you love cats, they will do this, but it isn't right. I ended up finding homes for all except a few I kept.

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My uncle lives out in the country and every time I go past his neighbors house I feel terrible, they have to have at least 10 cats, all outdoors. I don't know if they all actually belong to them, but they feed them. I'm assuming people just drop them off. Thats how we got our youngest cat- someone threw him out the window of a car and a friend of ours picked him up. I completely agree with you!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• That disgusts me to no end!! I was out in CA once and was horrified to see signs saying "No Dog Dumping - fine $5,000"!! I could not believe it! Then, I began to see a bunch of dead dogs on the side of the road - they'd just been thrown from car windows! I couldn't believe it. So sad!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• OMG Babylove that is awful :(
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We live in suburbia and people see our dogs and dump animals in or next to our front yard we caught the last person but they would still not take the dog back. we were unable to take the cats at the time because our large dog could eat them. But I agree because my mom who lives in the mountains gets it as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We live on 20 acres and we are constantly seeing new cats on the property. People just dump them here and think we can afford another animal. It makes me so mad. Dogs get dumped too. We love animals, but we don't want anymore. I wish they would stop dumping them here. We will feed them but still..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I live in a small town and I finally got my cat fixed b/c see would get pregnant every yr. Our neighbor down the street has cats galore and they multiply every yr. She keeps them all outside. I think Zebra belonged to her. I snatched her when she was tiny. She was lost and crying for her mommy. I'm sure the lady didn't miss her.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thankfully, even though we live out in the country, on a farm, a 1/4 mile from the barn, we don't get a lot of dumped animals. In fact, I don't think I have seen ANY dumped animals.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010