uti turning into kidney infection

Does anyone know how long it takes for an untreated uti to turn into a kidney infection?

cmcook89

Asked by cmcook89 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't know that could happen. I used to get Kidney infections all the time, but never had a UTI. What ALWAYS worked for me, was drinking like a gallon of water. Every time i had a kidney infection, iw ould drink 1-2 gallons of water & the next day, it would be gone. Water celans your kidneys & flushes them. If you drink enough water, it will flush out any infections trust me. IDK if it works for a UTI, but it certainly might. Before going on antibiotics, which could be harmful for your baby, try drinking 1-2 gallons of water every day until it's gone.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It goes uti to bladder to kidney here's how ull know once you start having bladder contractions that feel like real contractions it solid pain they don't go away then its in the bladder your back will start to hurt w the kidneys and it depends on your immune system on how long it takes if you're pregnant id say quick I got a kidney infection it happened over night my body tried to fight it thye said so I ddnt feel sick then let go I woke up peeing blood so it took it only a few days to reach my kidney and they said the bacteria was severe so be careful id go in asap
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i recently had such a bad uti it went to my kidneys and i do no NOTHING helps you need to go to the dr. before anything else goes bad.
    jessikay63

Answer by jessikay63 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i dkn gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010