TMI bacterial vaginosis??? *HELP* adult content

I've had this recurring infection I've been prescribed flagyll for it and it will clear up and return within two weeks after treatment. My gyno swares on flagyll but I've read online some type of yogurt will help regulate the good bacteria in the vagina. Has anyone had this problem how did you deal with it or what helped clear that infection out I know it's hard to clear it out or has anyone tried the yogurt thing and if so how do you apply the yogurt down their any help will be greatly appreciated. Again Thank You..... P.S. its not an STD I've been cleared by my gyno, I'm a clean person after sex I always rinse off, and I'm in a committed relationship with my husband and we are both STD free....

Ladiebugmomma

Asked by Ladiebugmomma at 10:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• You ingest the yogurt, not apply it topically. Try yogurt, keifer, and/or probiotics to help restore the healthy bacteria in your body. Also, avoid things like sugar which will only feed the bacteria you're trying to get rid of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I haven't experienced this, but I know that eating yogurt is supposed to balance out the good bacteria in your body. I don't think you are supposed to apply it, you should ask your gyno first, you could make the problem worse.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Well, first of all, rinsing off after sex, will not keep you from getting an std, even douching won't do that. But assuming you don't have an std, shy is your doctor repeatedly giving you the same medication? It seems like it's time to try something else, or look for a new diagnosis. I haven't done the yogurt thing, but if this is a recurring infection, I'd either see a new gynecologist, or insist on some new tests, and a new prescription.

The other thought is, that if you have sex, while still infected, your husband may be able to pass the infection right back to you, I'm not sure for vaginosis, but you can do this with a yeast infection.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Bacterial Vaginosis are just one of the bacteria that naturally exists in the vagina, sometimes the balance of the bacteria is off which is what these infections are, an overgrowth of the bacteria. You can use plain yogurt, you can also put a garlic clove or two in your vagina, make sure to put a couple slices into it, garlic is a natural antibacterial. Eating garlic often will also help regulate the bacterial growth.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• And that's supposed to say "why is your doctor repeatedly giving you the same medication?"
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was cursed once when I was in my 20's . They used the flagyll then also. The best way to treat it is to figure out its cause. I was informed that any kind of contact with any thing with sugar or cornsyrup will cause the bacterial growth. Greek yogurt is supposed to help but Im not sure about that one. Just be really careful when it comes to personal lubes, novelty flavored condoms or lubes or even a sugary mouth's contact in the vaginal area can spark an infection.
    wa_angel_mom

Answer by wa_angel_mom at 10:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Refresh will help says my doctor. I haven't trried it yet but he said it will balance my hormones.You can get it from Walmart I seen the commercial on TV.I hope I spelled it right it......
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010