I think I might have shingles....AGAIN

I have a very painful rash on my stomach on the left side and it is moving toward my back. I had shingles when I was 6 on my head. I remember it was so painful! I think that it is preceded by a virus and my doctor told me last week that I had some sort of virus. Any thoughts? Anyone else ever have shingles?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I had shingles. Mine was mild so I did not go to a Dr.

From the internet................Shingles is a skin rash caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus is called the Varicella zoster virus (VZV) and is in the herpes family of viruses. After an individual has chickenpox, this virus lives dormant in the nervous system and is never fully cleared from the body. Under certain circumstances, such as emotional stress, immune deficiency (from AIDS or chemotherapy), or with cancer, the virus reactivates and causes shingles. There are treatments for it.

Cut and paste this link...................http://www.medicinenet.com/shingles/article.htm Best wishes!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thank you elizabr! That information is very helpful and I am sure now that this is what I have. Great website!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2010