What about IUD's for birth control? Any trouble? adult content

we just had it done and when we went back for the checkup, the doc said it was moved and half way out. so she took it out and is going to reinsert it soon. has anyone had troubles with the effectiveness of any IUD's? I have the ten year one. It is funny that is was moved out of place...i wasn't in any discomfort or pain, i didn't even notice that something might be off. my hubby complained that he could feel it when we were intimate, he said it felt like i had a needle down there..lol. i hope this all gets worked out. i cant afford another baby anytime soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah mine fell out w/o my knowing...now i have a daughter
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have had the Mirena (the 5 year one) for a little over 3 years now. Aside from the occasional cramping, I haven's had any problems with it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i also have mirena. I have had no problems at all. My cramping got better actually & my period is like barely even there. LOVE IT! Did you just have a baby? My gyno told me that it's easier to come out on it's own in women who have recently had babies.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i heard they were ok
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i didnt have any problems with it as far as cramping or it coming loose except i had irregular periods for the first few months ..oh that and i got pregnant with it..LOL i dont recommend it myself because pregnancies with them are more common than i originally thought that and if one becomes pregnant there are several complications that can arise.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010