bullies and other issues-

wasn't sure where to post this, so it's in just for fun..............

I see a lot of posts about bullying and such. Things happening where people feel powerless because it's one person's word against anothers.
out of curiosity, has anyone else considered the idea of trying to get the incidents on video?
I had issues recently with a ride service I use, drivers texting while driving then denying it later, drivers not showing up then claiming they did, all kids of things. nothing was ever done.
then I started making videos, all I had to do was suggest how unfortunate it would be if the videos make it to the internet and things changed drastically.

has anyone else tried this or considered it?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well i had an idea because my SIL likes to steal my children's things, now thats a mental issue, i guess but relating to your topic..not as video taping bullies or bus drivers but video taping the person that bullies my life...my SIL. She has pulled some stupid crap over the years such as stealing my children's shoes, clothes and even known for stealing money (from which she did time for), you would think she would want to change her life. aside from a harrasement order, ill do the simple things like...leaving my doors unlocked while im gone so she can come into my house to steal something while im video taping the incident...one thing at a time, honey, small steps! but thank you for the reminder as i will have to move into my house first lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• That would stop these bullies.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• In some states, it is illegal to video someone without their consent. If you would post these videos, they might be able to have you charged with a crime. Be very careful if you try this tactic.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Cameras are definitely becomming for prevalant in our society. More crimes are being caught on video & it makes it easier to charge someone w/ their crime. How can you deny that kind of proof? What I love is when the stupid punks tape themselves screwing up & it gets used against them! Smile.....
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• in the cases where I did it it was on buses where recordings were being done at times by the company.
    which would make it difficult for them to argue the idea that I couldn't video tape them when they possibly videotaping me.
    as far as other cases of the bullies illegal or not, it's a chance I have no problem taking to prevent things like bullying.
    Laws have changed slightly in some states and in some circumstances, but it's my understanding that a person has little to no right to their own image, photographed or videotaped.
    as far as suing me for it, that's a chance I'm willing to take if I have to.
    face it folks, we live in a society where we are videotaped on a regular basis. what I suggest is nothing new.
    and also, I've never actually had to post or publish anything fortunately.
    from what I understand, the rights are still primarily with the person who is running the camera, not the camera's subject.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• also from what I understand if someone didn't like it, then it's up to them to sue to person with the camera.
    which I doubt they would often get very far.

I still stand by the idea of video taping problems to shed new light on the subject.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010