Have you?

My son will be 2 in three months and we have yet to move him to a toddler bed. He hasn't climbed out of his crib so i didn't really see why we needed to move him just yet. Have you moved your lil on out of their crib? Should I be moving my son yet? Or wait as long as possible? Just wondering.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he doesn't get out and you don't need the crib just wait. My son is 18 months old and sleeps in a a toddler bed but because he never slept on the crib. We co-cleep.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would wait as LONG as possible...a toddler ed offers new challenges that are not worth battling unless you have to. My DS climbed out of his crib @ 23 mo..so we had to but believe me I would have kept him there @ least another year if I could..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's perfectly fine to keep him in his crib as long as he fits, honestly. As long as he's not climbing or attempting to climb out.
    My son just turned two on Sept. 23rd and he's still in his crib.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would wait until he starts trying to get out. My now 6 year old didn't move out the crib until he was almost 3. He got his big boy bed in March and turned 3 that May. My now 2 year old is a different story and has been in a big boy bed since 14 months because he could climb out even with the mattress as low as it would go. I believe he is part monkey. lol
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I got Little's toddler bed when he was 18 months. He'd been climbing out of the crib for a few months and it was freaking me out.

Remember, the bed should not be a fight. I set the bed up on one side of the room and the crib on the other. Within a week he was taking naps in the toddler bed and about a month later he didn't want the crib anymore.

Wait as long as you'd like on the crib. If you're both still comfortable with it, you don't have to switch to a bed. I would say since he's two already, you'd do better to just get a real bed when the time comes as he'll outgrow the toddler bed quickly.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son was in a toddler bed at 19 months old. He wasnt a climber but he didnt like the rail confinement anymore. First nap and first night he did great!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My dd could climb out at a little after a year old.. so we switched to a toddler bed for naps.. (bed time she slept with us).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Keep him there as long as possible. As long as he isn't climbing out than there is not problem keeping him in it. My DS hasnt been in a crib since he was 10 months old because it was recalled.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 11:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010