A minute to vent about one crazy summer.

I guess I just need to vent… I decided to move back in June. I sold my home and got a new one that I plan on putting on land closer to my friends and family so the kids have more time with them. I paid a man to move my home less than 100 miles. He told me that it would cost me $1,500 to have it moved but the day he moved it he only took it 30 miles telling me that he had a wedding to go to and he would move it the rest of the way later. We got in contact with him a week later and he told me that I would have to come up with $1,000 more to get it moved the rest of the way. (I should have got it in writing) It has been four months now of us living in a camper waiting for the house to get here. Two weeks ago he came down to look at the land and added another $500 to the amount so now we are up to $3,000.

MisticDawn6

Asked by MisticDawn6 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yesterday the house was suppose to be here at 10 am and at 11am I called him to find out that he was not going to move the house because he said the wind was blowing to hard, but I know there was a Car show in the town the house is in and I believe he went to that instead of bringing my home down. He told me that he would do it next weekend if weather permitted. I guess I just need to complain for a minute to get it off my chest. (It has been on crazy summer)
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Why in the world don't you get someone else to move it, rather than allow yourself to be bambuzzled by this scumbag? Do you have it in writing now? Is there a penalty for not doing it by a certain day and time?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would have loved to had someone else move it in the first place but the best price I could find in my area other than his was $5,000 because they are really high here. I have heard of people getting theirs moved for around $500 and when I ask who did it for them they tell me that can’t remember lol..... I do have it in writing now I learned that he was just going to keep raising his rate if I did not get it in writing this time.
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry. I really don't like scumbags like that. They just try and take advantage of everyone they can, and take them for all they can. People like that disgust me.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• What a jerk. I hope your home gets moved soon, and I'd be sure to tell everyone what a crook he is. Glad you got it in writing now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Wow! What a creep!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010