Do you think you can be a feminist and a Christian? adult content

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 11:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Sure. To me, Feminism is about Choice. It's about having the right to CHOOSE your own path and walk it. I see no reason why that would conflict with any Chosen religion... If anything the fact that you're in that religion by your own choice would only enforce your position as a feminist, not diminish it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes. Feminism is haveing the right to do what you want just like men, not that you do them
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 11:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Of course. And it should be. I can't imagine going back to the days when the church instructed women to be the housewife (in the kitchen,barefoot and pregnant)while the husband went out to work. And that the wife lets the husband make the decisions and created the rules for the marriage. @@ That was abusive.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Of course.

Answer by older at 12:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I can't see why not, especiall if one can be a republican and a Christian....seems like feminism is far less of a stretch.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Christianity does not suppress women. It encourages family unity. Jesus respected women. Yes is my answer.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• are we talking about christianity as in how jesus taught and thought or the christian churches' teachings about women? sure, jesus respected women, but the god and authors of the bible did not.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Wow figaro... God and the authors of the bible did respect women as well. Its how you read it.
    I say yes.. Prov 31 is an example of the Proverbs woman. She was well respected.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes, I believe you can.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010