bit of a vent................

I admit it, I'm a jewelry nut and always have been. I've inherited my families eyes for gems and diamonds, therefor having a appreciation for the finer stones and such.
anyway, I've got a SIL that I would help any time she ever needed me, but on the same note there was something that bugs me here and there, I just need to vent.
We married brothers and we got married about ten months within each other, so for a while we were engaged at the same time.
Husband's stepmother rubbed it in my face how she gave my BIL the engagement ring. Made me feel bad at first.
a while later my SIL lost the diamond from her ring, (she found it thankfully) then posted a blog about it mentioning how it's a heirloom from her husband's family!
here's what I confess to feeling, not proud of it, but it's how I feel........
cont.................

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At least you got it off your chest without hurting anyone's feelings.

And I'm pretty particular about my jewelry and gems and such, too. ;)
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• OP cont...............

the ring is a piece of crap, included to the point where it doesn't sparkle, and one of the inclusions looks like a smudge, and it has a yellow spot that would drive me crazy for wanting to wipe it off.

as for the 'family heirloom' status- the ring was a engagement ring from the stepmother that was given to her by a ex-husband, or a previous fiance. hardly a heirloom in my opinion.

ok, there. I admit it. it's all petty, but I wanted to vent how I felt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Its all how she feels about it. I am not a jewelry person I wear a watch and could careless for the rest of it maybe she doesn't know about jewelry but is excited to have what she thinks is a heirloom no shame in how she feels.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 'is excited to have what she thinks is a heirloom no shame in how she feels'
    op- no shame in how she feels, I just get sick of people trying to make me feel bad because the SIL got the family 'heirloom'
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010