Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

here in these questions 'CPS' is the generally used title...

Where I live it is actually DFACS. (Department of Family and Childrens Services) Where I lived before it was Social Services...

What is it where you live?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • gertie... its really foolish to think these are 'todays' problems. Although it may not have been something you personally encountered it was still there. The interent and a forum like this has just given you the ability to see life through other peoples eyes.

    Answer by seturkey at 1:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • I have no idea what it is actually called because I have never been involved with it in anyway.

    Answer by Leigh519121 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • CPS

    Answer by dancinintherain at 11:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • Children and Youth Services

    Answer by layh41407 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • We have DFACS here.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 11:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • I am not familar with these agencies....I never even knew about CPS until I became a member at CM. I suppose it would be Social Services. I don't know.
    There seems to be way too many Moms trying to call CPS nowdays.It is kinda creepy,if you want to know.
    I had kids in the 1960's and 1970's and ,truthfully, none of the Moms I knew had any problems or addictions or anger issues....know what I mean?

    Answer by gertie41 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • gertie, oh some did you just didn't know about it then!

    Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • ours is DHS
    yeah (but mommie) i know what you mean these days are so so different than when i was coming up i tell my kids all the time
    you not only have to worry about other people calling DHS on parents but children are calling on their own parents.......I know someone who just went through that like last week

    Answer by Inheritingkids at 1:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • Not sure what it is here (we just moved here) but in Chicago it is DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services).


    Answer by justanotherjen at 1:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • st. louis, mo- DFACS- division of family and childrens services
    columbus, ga- DFCS- same
    fayetteville, NC- CPS - childrens protective services
    military- CID/DHS- criminal investigation department's division of human services!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010