what age should your child begin crawling? And what are some good techniques with helping them to learn how to crawl?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did the arm crawl around 6 months and a real crawl at 7 months.
    I think the best thing to get them to learn is to get down by them and encourage them to scoot... set a toy just out of reach so they try to get it. But mostly, they will just crawl when they are ready.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You don't have to "help them learn to crawl". They will figure it out all by themselves when they are ready. DOn't rush your kids,ever.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Neither of my children ever crawled, I never crawled... But they were walking between 8 and 10 months.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My daughter learned at 5 months and was crawling at 6 months. Now she's on the walking thing lol. They learn how to crawl backwards before the forward thing kicks in.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son was 9 months. I never taught him. I just let him learn at his own pace. I do not rush my son to reach certain milestones. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010