I amtired of speding money at the gym. Any activities besides running or biking do you recommend to excercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• I often work out on the Wii; I do Wii sports and more serious exercise routines with the Biggest Loser. I also do Jillian's yoga melt down.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i like the biggest loser work out dvds
    last chance work out, weight loss for yoga, and cardio max
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love making up my own home exercise routine as I get bored VERY easily. I've done some research on interval training and really like what I've found. Basically it involves high intensity exercise followed by a recovery period which you can do for 30 minutes per day. Some people think that breaking up those 30 minutes into three 10 minute workouts spread throughout the day keeps your metabolism burning more efficiently all day. You can choose what kind of exercises to do and how long to do each one. For instance I will do 20 fast jumping jacks followed by 15 reps of a form of weight lifting, then right back into the jumping jacks and so...  You can also choose to do 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes and so on of a specific exercise rather than do a certain count. Just keep switching between high intensity and lower intensity throughout the workout.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• thank you shanlaree...awesome advice!
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 12:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You're welcome:) I love coming up with my own routine and it always changes. Just blast the music and have fun!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Put on your favorite dance music and go buck wild. Let the kids jion in and shake what your mama gave ya!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If you have cable look for the exercise on demand channels....dozens of workouts there free all the time. If you don't have cable the channels website has SOME free workouts: www.exercisetv.tv
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010