How to get over my insecurities.

I hope I spelt that right "insecurities" anyways I have known my SO for about 4 years now but we just recently started dating and when it comes to the heat of the moment I never take my shirt completely off cuz I hate my tummy or if i do i drape the blanket across my stomach, I feel so insecure about myself... He has this nice tone body and I have nothing nice lol! I just hate exposing my body and when he does give me compliments it's never about my body it's something like "i love ur eyes" or "man ur ass looks nice" my ass is the only body part he seems to like/compliment

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• excercise. perhaps you can tone your body...it seems that that is the only insecurity you have. In the meantime, you can deam the lights so that it is not bright! He definitely likes you (based on what I read), so you have problem areas...wok on them and you will be really happy!
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 11:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm with you. I do the same thing. My SO is active duty military and in great shape while I have the ruined stomach muscles that so many moms have. The doctor says only a tummy tuck will fix it but I'd rather just hide it than have surgery. It was only recently that SO asked me to get in the shower naked with him. I dreaded that because I couldn't figure out how to cover up but it doesn't seem to bother him, only me. Funny, my SO compliments my ass too. Maybe that's good. Their eyes are on the ass and not paying attention to the belly!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have similar insecurity issues. When I started letting him see all of me, I told him how I felt about myself. I have the c-section gut that never seems to go away, no matter what I do (exercise, drinking more water). However, he still loves me, all of me, even my imperfect body. Granted, neither one of us has the perfect body; I still love all of him. If you feel that your biggest "imperfection" is your tummy, you can always try to do something about it. Doing kegels (while awesome during sex) throughout the day will help to tone your abdomen. My husband is also an "ass man" and even though I don't think I have much of one, he still loves it. I have over-active sebaceous glands on my ass creating deep pocket and pimples. He doesn't shy away; in fact, he takes care of them for me. I think it takes an amazing person to look past the imperfections and love the person you are.

Sorry; that was a bit long-winded.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• what is kegals???
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010