My daughter wants to be involved in everything: piano, cheerleading, signing, modeling, dancing, etc. I can't afford all that. Do you recommend a program that offers these in a reasonable price? thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Not really. Just have her narrow it down to 1 thing. My daughter does dancing. She loves it!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Tell her it's one thing MAYBE 2 and that's it. She shouldn't have all those things at once anyway.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I told my boys that they could only particpate in ONE activity at a time. So if it was spring they had to choose between baseball or spring soccer.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• That is way too much, she doesn't realize how hard it will be to do all of that. I'd tell her to pick 2 things at the most.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Ours has 2 things she is allowed to do. Your DD can't be involved in so much and then do school well at all. There's not enough time! She may try each one and find the one or to she likes the best.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Let your daughter learn responsibility. Tell her all that she wants to do comes with a hefty price & you cant pay for it all alone. Let her know you can pay for (whatever u can afford)... and she will have to help pay for something.
    She can have a bake sale or something to help out...
    Id try to also explain the schedule to her as well.. does she understand there is almost so much time in a day :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Um I would just tell her NO! Unless she wants to earn the money babysitting or something. She can pick one or 2 things, if she wants more, she has to pay for it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I limit my kids activities to 2 - and I make them follow through. My DD is always asking to join this or that, then gets bored after 2 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i would suggest 1 activity per season......ie cheerleading in the fall (football season) etc......this is how we deal with all of dd 12's sports and she does well in school and is focus at her chosen sport each season....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010