After babys out

After having my 1st, I healed up wrong down below. And have been told by my Dr. that most likely it will rip apart while having my 2nd. She has told me that most of the time they dont stich up everything. And now Im worried that its going to happen agian.
( So... now Im going to have extra pain because someone didnt do a good job... )
Is it possiable to tell the person who is stiching you back up to spend a little more time down there? Do you think they will listen, and do it?
Has anyone had this happen before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor should repair you completely. Make it clear you want it done properly or find a doctor that will take you seriously.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Did your Dr not stitch you the first time??? If not, then they SHOULD have!!!! If you are still going to this same Dr find another one...they obviously dont know what they are doing.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You may say what you want.
    Like ordering a Latte at the coffee shop, if you want soy milk or it to be extra hot, YOU are the paying customer... (*Besides, it's also your BODY.)

You may also become informed on how to avoid perineal tears. It's nice to birth and keep it intact!
    ;-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You doctor shouldn't have told you that. She should do her job much better. My OB/GYN did a real good job on me and now you can't tell I have stiches. You can't see the line and that's good. If your doctor can't do her job find another doctor.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I had no problems ---they did an episiotomy with a clean incision and it healed perfectly because I was not allowed to
    'tear".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yea i would
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have never heard of them not stitching anyone up correctly. That is ridiculous and if you are seeing the same doc then I would definitely be speaking to them about this and possibly changing docs. As for the pain etc this time I hope things go well for you. You might want to look into starting perineal massage before delivery and during to help with the tearing etc. You can tell them anything you want, but docs often don't listen to their patients well.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Fortunately, my doctor did a great job with mine. Make sure to talk to him before hand that way he knows you are worried about it :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 2:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i tore with my first, but not my second.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would make sure that I got the doctor who would do a great job on stitching up properly since it is my body. I personally wanted only my OBGYN to deliver my baby. There was a resident on duty the day I was to deliver and who wanted to break my water. Since I really didn't trust the resident, I insisted on talking to my doctor about breaking my water - the benefits and disadvantages. The nice nurse called my OBGYN who came and eventually took care of me and my baby. Since you are a paying customer, you have the right to insist on having the best treatment possible. Trust your instincts and have someone else help you follow it if you are unable to do so yourself. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010