Toothbrush fell down the drain-how can i get it out?

So...how do i get it out without having to take a part the pipe underneath the sink? I've tried sticking things down the pipe to 'catch' it and drag it back up --so far no luck

rec104

Asked by rec104 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• me I woudl take the pipe off.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Can you see it or is it down in the u-bend?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• will tweezers reach it?
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I used double stick tape attachec to a broken piece of a thick plactic hanger (several peices) then i lowered it and made sure i touched the brush with a little fourse to catch it. it worked for me ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would use duct tape rather than double stick tape and try not to run the water over it other wise it won't work, but taking the U-Bend off is easy unless they used a seal-tight plumbing glue on the seams of the pipe, then it will be more difficult. what about a pair of narrow kitchen tongs? I don't know how big your drain is though.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010