Does your child have the Kung Zhu hamsters???

My 5 year old wants them. I looked them up online, but I'm n ot quite sure how they work plus they are a little expensive. Do your kids play with them a lot? Is it with the money?

Crystal1124

Asked by Crystal1124 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes he has 2. (His grandparents bought them) They are cute. they squeak and go frowrd back ward and in circle on their own. There is button on the head to turn it on and off. There is a button on the nose to tell it it his a wall and needs to turn around. DS doesn't have the accessories or anything though. He plays with it often so I guess it was worth it. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son has Stonewall, because he's cute. We already have probably 15 or 20 regular Zhu Zhu pets and I didn't want to get into the battle hamsters, so we told him that Stonewall is a peaceful hamster who escaped because he didn't want to battle. Now Stonewall lives happily with Num Nums, Jilly, their baby, the raccoon and skunk. The rest live in a picnic basket in my son's room. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Mine have three of them. Are they supposed to be any different than the regular Zhu Zhu pets? All mine do is squeak, back up, go forward, and spin around in a circle.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No but he really really wants some!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• the website says they start as cute hamsters then transform into tough fighters after their training... I think you need the track in order to "train" them, but I have no idea what all that involves. it was not very clear about how the training, track, and "battles" all worked.
    Crystal1124

Comment by Crystal1124 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• He has a regular ZhuZhu pet at my mom's house. It was a gag gift to my dad a while back, and he likes it even though it doesn't do much. When he saw the commercail for the Kung Zhu, he was thrilled that there were boy Zhuzhus and I figured it would be a good present for Xmas since it is a little more expensive when you include all the track sets and different characters. But just trying to find out how much other kids like theirs before spending a bunch of money for it collect dust.
    Crystal1124

Comment by Crystal1124 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I dunno...You must need the accessories. Our Kung Zhu is no different than is regular one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010