Do you think we should wait and talk to a doctor, or do you think its okay to?

My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex the 28th of september, im due for my period oct 8th. We know theres a chance that im pregnant but not 10% sure yet, well we werent planning on a child but we werent proventing it, so again we had unprotected sex lastnight, he wants to get the day after pill...but i dont know if its safe because i may be pregnant from the last time we had unprotected sex. He says to just take it but im not sure if thats right i dont want to hurt my baby if im pregnant. What do you think is it safe or not to take the pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't, because if you are pregnant, then who knows how that pill will affect the baby. I would talk to a doctor, pharmacist, or try looking it up online. It's better to be safe then sorry!! Good luck, and I wish you the best!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• More than likely, not positivly but if you were pregnant it would be from the time you had unprotected sex on the 28th, that would be closer to when you ovulated. I would not take the morning after pill becasue if you are pregnant it is to late for that option and you would severly hurt the baby. If you don't want to get into situations like this then you have to use some type of protection. If you need to be sure you can call a pharmacy and talk to them they will give you the info you need.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• The Plan B (Morning After Pill) only works 24 hours after. I use to work at Rite Aid and I had to tell a lot of customers that and when I told some of them that they started to cry because they were young or not ready for any children. If you guys really aren't ready for a baby try prtecting yourself by you taking the pill or getting the shot. Having kids aren't something to play with. I love my daughter and she's no misstake. She's a blessing from up above. You guys need to sit down and talk about children or your future. Because it sounds like he don't want any children, he just want to have fun lol.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• dont take the pill
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't take the pill if there is a possibility that I were pregnant. Check with your OBGYN as to what you should do. I wouldn't trust any other source to tell me what I should do about it, but it is just me. I think that your OBGYN should know best especially if he or she is a great doctor. Good luck, and I hope that everything turns out for the best.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• use a condom if you dont want a child. PERIOD. Not to be harsh but he obviously isnt ready if hes telling you to take that pill
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• wait and use a condom until after your period comes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• besides, it's best to start after your period to keep your cycle the same.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• bumped u GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010